Are you planning to go on a vacation with your dog?. Why not go to a beach where your pup can enjoy the waves and cool down. Summer is troublesome for humans and animals. However, a quick trip to the beach can solve this hectic problem. Kick the heat away by planning a smooth vacation to dog friendly beaches in Alabama AL. Not all the beaches in Alabama are dog friendly. Here is a list of top dog-friendly beaches in Alabama. We will tell you everything you need to know about these beaches. Keep reading the article till the end. By the end of this article, you will be ready to plan a trip to the beach in Alabama.
Keep reading this article to know the restrictions and perks of visiting dog friendly beaches in Alabama, AL. Every beach has its regulation, do not forget to read this article till the very end.
List of Best Dog Friendly Beaches Alabama AL
Dauphin Island Beach
|Address||109 Bienville Blvd, Dauphin Island, AL 36528, United States|
|Parking Fee||6 – 20 USD|
|Timings||08:00 AM to 06:00 PM (Year)|
Three to five miles away from the mobile bay and away from the gulf. Dauphin Island Beach is situated that allows dogs to enjoy themselves with their masters. There are birds of different types on Dauphin Island Beach. This site is eye-pleasing indeed.
Dogs can not enter the west side of this Island. That area is for birds and other animals. Entry of dog is not permissible. However, on public beaches, you can take your dogs anytime.
You will barely notice this beach getting full of people. This beach is never too crowded. There is not much commercial business on the beach. Only one café is nearby where you can eat a delicious meal. However, we suggest packing a lunch and filling it with your favorite food.
This beach is clean, soothing, and relaxing. There are few people here, and even people who visit don’t litter. That’s why this beach is clear. The casual atmosphere is perfect for a vacation spot.
- In order to get inside the island, you have to take a ferry. However, the prices of tickets are costly. The minimum cost of the ticket is 20 USD one way. You can get a discount on the way back if you keep the permit safe and secure. However, it might change overtime. This way, you can get a significant discount on a return ticket. You can check the schedule of car ferries online by checking the website. (http://gulfinfo.com/ditown/ferry.html)
- The distance between the beach and the parking lot is lengthy. Thus, prepare yourself for a long walk.
- This dog-friendly beach does not offer a lot of amenities like other dog beaches. There is only one restroom near this beach. Moreover, the parking is not free. Despite that, the parking area is small and can’t hold many vehicles. The entrance ticket at Dauphin Island Beach costs 2 – 5 USD.
- Humans and pets both are at risk of attacks from ticks, mosquitoes, and fleas. To save your pup from ticks, mosquitoes and fleas, don’t forget to use a tick and flea dog collar. You can check the best tick and flea dog collars here.
Activities to do here
- Ferry rides
- Beautiful sunset
- Pet-friendly activities
River Sandbar Park
|Address||1516 AL-92, Daleville, AL 36322, United States|
|Leash Requirement||Off-Leash and On-Leash|
You can visit this dog-friendly beach with your pup. This dog-friendly beach is on the river of Daleville. At River Sandbar Park, you can bring your pets and play with them. The scenery of this beach is magnetizing, pleasing, and calming.
In the early morning, the beach is at its perfect waves. In short, the whole scenery is This place has clean water, and no dangerous sea animals are roaming around. Moreover, there are no reports of snakes, alligators, or crocodiles in the water yet. The water on the beach is cool, calm, and soothing. It will definitely relax your whole body.
Owners have steadily advised cleaning after their dogs. Moreover, do not litter on the beach. It is necessary to ensure the cleanliness of the beach. However, due to the neglect of people, the place is not clean most of the time.
- Your dog can swim at this beach. It’s a healthy activity that will strengthen the bond between the pup and their master. However, there are no lifeguards on the beach. It’s best to take all the health measures to avoid any mishaps.
- The water level on this beach is not high. However, during the middle of the day, you might notice changes on the beach. After the rain, the waves can get higher. Avoid visiting this place during that time.
Activities to do here
Fort Morgan Historic Site Bayside Beach
|Address||110 AL-180, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, United States|
|Parking||No Parking Area|
|Timings||08:00 AM to 05:00 PM|
Fort Morgan is at the mobile bay. During the World War of 1812, Fort Morgan played a significant role. During the American civil war, this fort has a lot of importance. While keeping all the historical value in mind, this fort is on the list of historical landmarks.
This beach is situated at the mobile bay, and it is a public beach that allows pets to come and have fun.
Everyone at Fort Morgan is so polite, humble, and calm. While entering the museum, they even give the dog some doggie treats. It is a welcoming gesture towards tourists. You can also make tasty treats for your pup.
The place is clean. However, there is dirt and debris. It is a historical place, so we suggest taking a self-tour first. You will definitely learn a lot of new things about this beautiful place. However, you won’t find any dog poop on the ground.
- There is no particular parking lot. However, you will notice many cars lined up on the sides of the road. You can also park your vehicle over there.
- There are numerous crabs in this fort. So beware of these sea creatures. Usually, dogs are curious animals and love to eat everything. So keep a close eye on your dog.
- Avoid breaking any rules of fort Morgan. Dogs are only allowed to stay at fort Morgan if they are leashed. Off-leash dogs are not permissible in this fort. Moreover, Bon Secour Wildlife Refuge does not allow dogs to enter. No matter off-leash or on a leash, don’t let your dog enter Bon Secour Wildlife Refuge. Anyone who violates the rules can get fined by the administration.
- You have to pay an entrance fee to get into fort Morgan. To know more about the pricing system of Fort Morgan, Alabama. Visit their website (https://ahc.alabama.gov/properties/ftmorgan/ftmorgan.aspx). There is complete information about the pricing system for kids to adults.
- There is also a museum at Fort Morgan. The timings of the museum are from 9 am to 4:30 pm. The museum is open 24/7.
activities to do here
- Museum (a must-see)
Orange Beach Waterfront Park
|Address||26425 Canal Rd, Orange Beach, AL 36561, United States|
|Timings||Open All Year|
In Baldwin county, there is a small city completely dog-friendly known as orange beach. There is also a park near the orange beach. The name of the park is the waterfront park.
It is a lovely place where dolphins show up during sunset. The whole scenery is full of life, and everyone must see it once in a lifetime. There are walking areas and fishing piers. It’s an enjoyable and healing process visiting such places.
There are benches where you can sit and enjoy the lovely weather. There is shade where you can walk peacefully with your dog. The water on the beach is shallow. Your dog, kid, or chances of anyone drowning are low.
- There is a partition that separates dogs. Usually big dogs such as English mastiff, bull mastiff, and great Dane fight with small dog breeds such as Yorkshire terrier, poodles, and Boston terrier. But at this beach, there is a fence that separates big and small dog breeds. Both dog breeds can enjoy a visit to this lovely beach.
- There are numerous amenities at this beach, and the park nearby is a plus for everything. There are public restrooms, tasty food, and everything necessary for a luxurious vacation.
Activities to do here
- Watching dolphins
- Beautiful sunset
Graham Creek Nature Preserve
|Address||23030 Wolf Bay Dr, Foley, AL 36535, United States|
|Timings||07:00 a.m. – 08:00 p.m.|
It is in Baldwin County in the city of Foley. The staff here is incredibly polite to everyone. You will know that they love the work just by their behavior.
There are plenty of things that you can do at this place. You can play outdoor sports such as archery, hiking, and disc golf course. Moreover, this place is best for people who are beginners at the kayak. The staff at this place is humble, polite, and helpful towards everyone.
There are numerous activities to perform at this beach. There is not only a beach, it has a wide variety of birds, carnivore plants, and sports. You can do plenty of things here with your dog.
- You can look at beautiful flowers, plants, and sceneries at Graham Creek Nature Preserve. Moreover, there are pitcher plants, and you can look at them closely. You will fall in love with crafts of nature.
- There are restrooms, bathrooms, and playgrounds. This place is perfect for everyone to enjoy the beauty of nature. There are also picnic tables for vacations and lunch.
- There are no specific fees or costs for playing at the golf course. However, you must bring a disc to play at Graham Creek Nature Preserve.
Things to do here
- Disc golf course
- Taking pictures of beautiful birds and flowers
Points to Remember
While visiting these places you need many other extraordinary things. To make your visit worry-free and more enjoyable bring these things with you. Some items are essential for safety, and some are on this list to make your taste buds happy.
- Snacks: snacks for your pup and yourself too. Make sure to pack them along with the lovely visit to these beaches. You can view our dog food guide, which shares the best dog food recipes. Moreover, it also gives better knowledge to dog owners about what they should and should not feed their dogs.
- Sunblock: whenever you visit a beach, your skin can get severely damaged because of the rays of the sun. Thus, make sure to bring a strong sunblock with you.
- Water and hydrating drinks: due to the constant attack of the sun, your body can face a deficiency of water. Keep yourself and your dog hydrated so you can enjoy your journey.
- Tick and flea dog collars: ticks, mosquitoes, and fleas are common at beaches. However, do you know that your pup can get various diseases because of these insects?. Read our article best tick and flea dog collars to save your dog from their attack.
- Camera: save all the memorable events with your dog. Capture them in a camera and try to cherish every moment with them. Take them to beaches, make snacks with your pup, and watch movies with them. Check our article about dog movie reviews to watch this movie after beach night with your dog.
- GPS dog collar: some dogs are energy packets, and it’s hard to handle them. In crowded places, your dog can even get lost sometimes. You should read our article about the best GPS dog collars and keep your beloved dog safe from getting lost at a pet-friendly beach.
Planning a trip is never an easy task. Make sure to keep all the essential items with yourself. You will need a camera, tick, flea dog collar, and sunscreen to protect your precious skin. Keep all the beach essentials in your bag pack. Now you are ready to go on an incredible trip with your dog.